Although they may not have an NHL license, long-time hockey card collectors recognize In the Game for covering other aspects of the sport. 2011-12 In the Game Heroes & Prospects Hockey mixes upcoming stars with several of the game's current and past stars like Eric Lindros and Dion Phaneuf. Boxes are brimming with hits, including at least two autographs and two memorabilia cards. Considering the price, collectors should find good value in their breaks, particularly when the uncover one of the many patch and multi-swatch memorabilia cards.
Product Configuration: 18 packs per box, nine cards per pack
Price Point: Low- to Mid-End Hockey Card
Target Audience: Prospectors, Autograph Collectors, Hockey Card Collectors, Set Builders
2011-12 In the Game Heroes & Prospects Hockey Box Break
- Two Autographs
- Two Memorabilia Cards
- Two Inserts
- 162 Total Cards
2011-12 In the Game Heroes & Prospects Hockey Product Highlights:
- 2011-12 In the Game Heroes & Prospects Hockey has a 200-card base that mixes junior stars from the AHL, CHL and international scene with some of hockey's past greats.
- Set has the first hockey cards of highly touted prospects Carter Ashton, Zack Kassian and Andy Miele. Retired players include Red Kelly, Tony Amonte and Mike Gartner.
- Five cards in the set will honor hockey players who have recently passed away.
- The CHL Grads subset looks back on current stars as they made their mark in the juniors.
- Autograph signers include Griffin Reinhart and Sean Couturier. In the Game has also announced that they will have autographs from three of the deceased players from their Tribute subset.
- Insert sets highlighted by Calder Cup and Memorial Cup Champions sets.
Memorabilia Card sets:
- Game-Used Jersey
- Game-Used Emblem
- Game-Used Numbers
- Complete Logo
- Subway Super Series
- CHL Top Prospects Game