The Elite name has a storied history in the hobby. Debuting in 1991 as the first serial-numbered inserts, they became so popular that they were eventually given their own line. While the Elite line continued in other sports, it's been more than a decade since there's been a full Elite set for hockey. Well, it's back. 2011-12 Elite Hockey has all the foil hallmarks the brand is known for, as well as many of the high-end inserts. Rookie cards fall two per box plus one additional autographed rookie variation. Other chase-worthy cards include the dual signature Passing the Torch, Elite Signings autographs and Prime Numbers, which come in memorabilia, autographed and autographed memorabilia versions. Social Signatures offer a new spin on traditional autograph cards with players have inscribed their cards with their Twitter handles. Collectors can expect at least three hits in every box of 2011-12 Elite Hockey.
Product Configuration: 20 packs per box, five cards per pack
Price Point: Mid-End Hockey Card
Target Audience: Hockey Card Collectors, Rookie Card Collectors, Autograph Collectors
2011-12 Elite Hockey Product Highlights:
- A total of 80 rookie cards in the set including 20 short prints and 50 on-card signatures.
- Base set parallel: Aspirations.
- Prime Numbers offer three different versions: autographed, game-used memorabilia and autographed memorabilia.
- Dual-sided Passing the Torch teams a legend's autograph with that of an emerging star. These cards have a long history as a favorite among collectors.
- Social Signatures acknowledges the emergence of social media among athletes. Participants inscribe their autograph with their Twitter handles.
- Hobby favorites Sidney Crosby, Alexander Ovechkin, Mario Lemieux, Steve Yzerman, Mark Messier and Steven Stamkos each have seven Elite Series inserts, six regular inserts and on autograph.
- Additional autographs: Elite Signings
- Memorabilia cards: New Breed, Elite Materials