With 2010-11 Zenith Hockey, Panini will attempt to reinvent one of the more interesting brands from the era of sports card excess. In addition to receiving Zenith cards, each box will receive a jolt of life via the "Dare to Tear" box topper, which features Legendary rookie cards, Epix inserts as well as never before seen rookie cards from National Treasures and Elite. 2010-11 Zenith Hockey is set to release on May 11th, with each box delivering 3 hits.
Product Type: Mid-End Hockey Card
Geared Toward: Fans of 90's card design, Collectors looking for something different, Collectors intrigued by the possibility of pulling a National Treasures Auto RC
What's In The Box:
- 3 Autographs or Memorabilia Cards (at least 1 auto)
- 1 Zenith Z-RC
- 4 Short Printed Legends
- 1 Red Hot parallel
- 1 Gifted Grinders insert
- 1 Crease Is the Word insert
- 1 Dare to Tear box topper
- Yours Truly 0n-card autographs from top-notch superstars such as Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin and Steven Stamkos and autographed short-printed RCs numbered to just 199.
- Dare to Tear Box Toppers featuring Epix inserts and never before seen National Treasures and Donruss Elite Rookie Cards.
- Each case break delivers: 1 White Hot parallel, 5 autographed Rookie Cards, 4 Yours Truly autographs and at least 1 insert each from the Gifted Grinders,Scraps, Rookie Roll Call Materials, Epix Materials, Z-Team, Team Logo Die-Cuts insert sets.
- Checklist includes more than 200 rookie cards.
Panini's NHL Brand Manager Al Muir on Zenith's "Dare to Tear" Box Toppers:
“The key to making this work is to force collectors to make a tough decision," says Al Muir, Panini America NHL Brand Manager. “Each Dare to Tear jumbo will feature either a true RC or one of hockey's greatest legends and it will be fairly limited. If you tear one, you're destroying a sure thing . . . but what you find inside might just make it worthwhile.
“Along with base cards and Epix inserts, we're seeding in RCs you won't find anywhere else, including National Treasures and Donruss Elite cards of Taylor Hall, Jeff Skinner and many more. We also have autographed versions of the unsigned RCs that are inserted in base packs, along with a number of other surprises."